Monday, December 1, 2008

of Celebrities and Technology

I asked one of the LG executives why they opted to use resistive rather than the capacitive toucscreen technology in their new device launched in the Philippines, the LG KP550. He said that frankly speaking "they do not know". I was about to let him get away with it because he is a marketing guy and not a technical person from LG, but to my surprise the host JM Rodriguez a local celebrity of sort tried to save him by saying that resistive touchscreen technology is better because capacitive touchscreen technology "could not drag and drop", I discreetly signaled him that it is wrong by shaking my head, to my amazement he confidently continued by saying "also capacitive, could not forward messages". I almost fell off my seat.

No comments: